Saturday, February 5, 2011

2011 brings changes and promises for a bright future

Where to begin, well we have lots of changes going on in our family right now. We had the honor and priveledge to serve on the leadership team at our church. We learned so much about ourselves and our faith walk. We made some long lasting friendships that we know we will carry on for a lifetime. We have had many of these relationships since Steve and I began our journey as a married couple 5 years ago. Many of my friends and I were pregnant at the same time which was an amazing journey in itself. I have come to know some amazing women of God in the past five years that I look up to and cherish. We closed the doors of our church in Jan. but Steve and I felt such a peace about the decision. We knew that our church had served it's purpose and done some amazing things in this community. We were a little lost at first not really knowing what direction the Lord wanted us to go but we are allowing him to open doors of opportunity that we know will bring amazing blessings!

So, one of the opportunities we have embraced is that we are both continuing our education. Steve is pursuing his bachelor's degree in fire science. I am so proud of him! I am also attempting to meet some of my own career goals. I have always been so interested in the legal field but my passion was really to be a nurse. I became aware of a program that incorporated both. So, I have decided to pursue being a certified legal nurse consultant. The best part of this is that I can do it all from home which was the most appealing part. I have applied for some scholarships to help pay for it and am ready to get started!

Alexis is learning so much in preschool and growing up so fast! It is crazy to think she will be four this month. She is so interested in books, princess and any outdoor activities. Joseph is a very active, sweet and loving little guy. He amazes me every day with the things he picks up on. He loves anything that has to do with Toy Story or Stuart Little. We feel so blessed to have such amazing, healthy children. Isn't it amazing how the miracle of a child can change your life forever!

Well, I guess that is all for now but we will keep you all updated! Have a great rest of the week!!

1 comment:

  1. Please let me know more about legal nursing. I would love that!

    ReplyDelete